Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What drives you?

Last night I was at cell meeting (a community group meeting) at my church and I was really contemplating what drives me to be the guy that I am... the good and the bad. I was telling the guys, as they know, that I am one of those guys who can go in and get the crowd energized about whatever I am excited about. Whether it be a new business adventure, a trip or just motivation to do the normal things in life, I can make them sound exciting. My great battle with that is that I also know how to kill the crowd haha. I can get you to the peak of believing that what I am saying is actually going to go forward (funny enough is that I believe it too) and then in a week or month from now I would have dropped the idea all together. Haha, so I can be the hype-man and the next minute the letdown guy. That comes with it's benefits and setbacks and it's all part of the bigger picture.

We have to learn how to hone the gifts that Christ has given to us, and not condemn ourselves to failure in Him. He has made us this way for a reason and its not to keep it all to ourselves. Luk 12:48 "But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more"

No comments: